Skip to main content

Unit 3: Design Activity

This week we switched to an "uncourse" model, which was new to me. This is my second to last course, so it threw me for a little loop at first until I realize I needed to check into their forums more frequently. It gave us the opportunity to drive our learning and focus on topics that were of interest to us. Through these discussions, we made an activity design.

Our task this week was to design a web based learning experience that fit our teaching context. Building on last week, we had to ensure that it was meaningful, memorable, and motivational.

I took some time to consider what I could do to make an activity that was meaningful, memorable, and motivational for my groups that I work with who are all working at different levels and have diverse abilities. Since I am currently in the middle of a week of IPP meetings, that was at the forefront of my brain. As appropriate and possible, we like to have our students participate in their meetings as it is a valuable experience that has the potential to give them a voice. The struggle with having students participate (aside from time constraints) usually is keeping them on track and preparing them so they are comfortable and can articulate or present their thoughts, feelings, and ideas as they relate to the topics covered in the meeting. I decided to come up with an activity I would do with my students prior to their IPP meeting in the fall so that they can present information about themselves and their learning to their parents, teachers, administration, and any other parties involved. This was a great experience and I was able to create something I will use come September.


新しいiPad

"新しいiPad" by chibiayu is licensed under CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 

2013-03-06 13.14.34

Artifact #3: Lesson Plan and Activity
Below is a Strengths, Challenges, and Interests Activity that students will complete with the goal of presenting their work during their meeting. Students will share to the best of their ability what their strengths, challenges, and interests are to help to guide programming for the year. Additionally, they will use an app or platform that they can use independently as a way for them to show their teachers one way that they are able to construct and show their knowledge.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N2DZuYRgmPJOd_DLesCj0jkl85Y8YPdeuoXmbs__rNo/edit


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unit 5: Next Steps...

The end is near! Sometimes I find that I have more thoughts and questions at the end of a course than the beginning. However, I don't think that that is a negative thing. I think that it means I have considered different thoughts and ideas, and am open to seeing where those lead. Throughout this course I feel as though my perspective has broadened and I have another lens from which to look through while planning and designing learning opportunities. Artifact #5:PechaKucha Video The PechaKucha Presentation was new to me and put me a little outside of my comfort zone. I encountered some technical difficulties with uploading and formatting which was so frustrating, especially when I thought I would be done in a few simple clicks! However, I suppose there is a lesson to learn. I quickly wanted to give up. I can be a good problem solver and critical thinker in many situations, however, when it comes to technology, I get instantly frustrated. I imagine this is on some level how my st